The theme of Summer 2011 is going to be the South East...
Auspicious dates have been located on the calendar and it looks like, at the end of July, I'll be island hopping in Indonesia with my favorite Cairo friends to attend what is surely to be a very spectacular wedding! Following that, the plan is to explore further afield in the region - Vietnam? Thailand? Malaysia? Who knows! Though it certainly looks like there is tons to see in Bali alone.
In preparation for Bali (and beaches), I'm working on my belly - back to Weight Watchers it is. In 2004, WW guided me to a 60 lb weight loss that it took 6 years and 11 countries to put back on. Now, it's time to start the eating right again, which means turning my back on dear Julia Child, who has guided my cooking to such amazing results with her whole-stick-of-butter recipes; and Mr. Anthony Bourdain, who has guided my eating further afield, but also into a bit of over indulgence. And by a bit, I mean full, four-course chef's special menus that do NOT come in tasting portions. It's hard. I LIKE full stick of butter recipes; they are tastier and easier to cook - but such is life.
Good news - it's working.
Obviously, I'm not going to turn my back on trying deep fried haggis in Scotland next month...but it's all about baby steps, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment