13 July 2012

Hotels I Like


At last count (i.e. as of April 2012) I have visited 21 countries and, according to Trip Advisor, something like 150 cities; but that's not counting suburbs and villages and all those little places in between.

Anyway, because of all this travel, I often get asked for hotel recommendations when people are venturing forth to the cities I've already traveled to.

I've decided to start a list on this page, not as an advertisement (I'm sure as heck not getting paid for this!), but as a 'friend-to-a-friend' sort of thing. My only readers (except whoever is reading this blog in Russia - HELLO READER IN RUSSIA!) are my friends and family anyway, so I doubt I drive much business to these places. I'll include pictures if I've taken any. Next to each hotel, I will also put the year I stayed there ... because some of these places may have changed dramatically since my last visit!

I'm only going to list hotels that are standouts in the serious of 5 star Luxury to No Star Moldy hotels that I've frequented in my 13 years of world traveling. I'll be honest...I found most of them on booking.com.

You can find a list of hotels by clicking on the tab at the top of the page titled "Hotels I Like".  I don't promise they are all spectacular (some are bigger on charm than splendor), but staying at the hotels on the list made my trip, wherever it was I was traveling, a little bit better.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I think everyone who has a blog gets lots of "reads" from Russia. It is probably mostly bots looking for blogs they can infect with malware, but one can dream that you have an international following.

Full Passport said...

Interesting! I do actually have an international following (hello friends in Hong Kong, Egypt, England, and elsewhere!) but I don't know anyone in Russia, so that's probably the reason.