Once in Sharm, we boarded a ship called Brina and headed out to sea. For the next two days I was stunned at the beauty of the Red Sea Coast, marveled at the myriad colors of blue in the water, and snorkled with the fishes - mostly safe ones but a few that could have eaten me had they wanted a snack.
The trip was amazing and one of the best parts was laying my sleeping bag across the top deck on one of the mattresses tied down there and looking at the stars. We were far enough from any city to see the true blackness of the sky, the creamy middle of the milky way, and so many stars that I couldn't fathom them all.
The food was also good. The trip was with 20 teachers from my school, so I got to know a few of them a bit better and also talked to Adele, who was one of the crewmen of the boat. Adele said they stay on the boat for 2 or 3 months at a time and then get 10 days off and do it all again! What a life!
I'm very much looking forward to taking the trip again - perhaps even doing an introductory SCUBA dive! I think we're all going again in the Spring.
--posted from Dahab; which will be the subject of the next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment