20 February 2015

2014 Travel in Review

New Year's Day, woke up in Baltimore. Stumbled into Miss Shirley's to share Monkey Bread with a table of friends. Basked in awesome brunchness.


After a few weeks back in Monterrey, I flew off to San Miguel for the San Miguel Writer's Conference where I had the opportunity to hear Laura Esquivel, Patricio Sainz, and Yann Martel discuss the necessity, relevance, and beauty of Magical Realism.


When Spring Break finally arrived in April, it was time for a whirlwind tour of the states.

First stop, Las Vegas...


and a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon.


Then it was off to visit friends in Marin County, California, where I ate Drake's Bay Oysters,


followed by a few days in San Francisco, where I took this shot in Chinatown.



The trip culminated in a visit to New Orleans for Jazz Fest, where the food, friends, and music were all amazing!



In Summer, I was off to Mexico City to visit a friend, Florida and Disney World to visit family,
and San Jose del Cabo to chill-out just before school started.



For Mexican Independence Day, my friends and I rented a house in San Miguel de Allende for a long weekend, where we also celebrated my birthday.




Then, in November, a visit to Valle de Bravo took me high into the mountains to see the Monarch Butterflies in their wintering grounds.


In December, I got to catch up with friends (the five of us live in three different countries, on three different continents) in London,



Trekked up to Lincolnshire for Christmas, and flew off to Barcelona to ring in the New Year.


Another year of travel, fun, and great food. Just a few more trips here in Mexico before it is time to fly off to Asia, where next year's travel blog will be full of new places and new adventures!



No comments: