30 August 2014

Summer Hike

Last year, a two-year project was completed to replace, upgrade, and improve the road into Huasteca Canyon, just to the west of Monterrey. The original road was wiped-out by a hurricane a few years ago, and today was the first time I have had the opportunity to drive on and use the new road (even though it opened over a year ago, and even though it is less than a ten minute drive from my house).

The road was packed with walkers and cyclists this morning, and offered fantastic opportunities for early morning photography of the "Lord of the Rings"-style mountain peaks in that part of the Sierra Madre Oriental.

As I am about to teach a Landscape Photography unit, I wanted to take lots of pictures to have on hand for examples...I managed to take about 100 in the 75 minute walk.

Here is a sampling of my images from the walk:






No comments: