26 September 2013

Pie Party



For my latest birthday, I invited my local-in-Mexico friends to my house and asked them to bring pie.

The awesome people I invited brought so much pie, that I had to take seven pies with bi-sected radius (radei? radiuses? circumferences? WHY AM I SO BAD AT MATH?) to school just to clear-out enough space in my fridge for my Slow-cooker Sunday leftovers (white bean & chicken chili, fyi, and it was delicious for lunch all week!).

How much is 'so much' pie? It's 19 pies...well, I made 3 pies, so it's 16 pies, plus the pie my friend brought me a week late (because an infant and a pre-schooler can hinder pie making efforts with all their adorableness); anyway, the sum of this equation is ... a lot of pie (see there, I beat you MATH!). Not TOO much pie, mind, there is no such thing - just SO much.

The winner of the trophy (of course there was a trophy!) was L with her Cornbread-BBQ pie, a pie that had BBQ chicken and melted cheddar on a cornbread crust that she had found the recipe for on Pinterest. She also took second place with Chocolate-Peanut Butter pie (and got bonus points for discovering - while researching pie recipes - that Rodney the Pie Guy - the man whose pies first sparked my pie-obsession - now has a Pie Truck in DC).

This is the trophy:


It says "Pie Champion"


These are the pies:

These are not ALL the pies, there was a second
wave of pies that arrived about 10 minutes after this was taken.

My life is so full of tasty-deliciousness and good bakers that some days I have to just kneel down and thank my lucky pie-plates for my ability to enjoy it all!

No comments: