26 July 2013

Forever Home

If home is where the heart is, home is Italy. I've not lived there yet, but with six visits under my belt, I think it's safe to conjecture that someday it's going to be my forever-home. I can't say what it is about Italy that makes it right, except that it makes me happy. It's in the colors, the food, the people, the landscape, the wine, the cones of fried sea critters - whatever it is, it puts my soul to flight every time.

My exploration of Italy (and Croatia) so-far.

I have a lot to reflect on in the next few posts. I spent a full month traveling across England, France, Italy, and Croatia. I have lived out of a single suitcase for the last thirty days, taken a nine-hour train journey; traveled by plane, train, ferry, bus, water bus (vaporetta), taxi, bike, and foot - all to explore Europe, rediscover some old favorite places and enjoy some new ones.

One Month, Overland, Explore of England, France, Italy, and Croatia.

However, in all the traveling, in all the wandering and discovering, the most important realization was that it is time to start saving my pennies so Italy can, someday, be home.

Burano, Italy

It may take me a few weeks to post about all of it, as in two days I start moving in to my new house in Mexico, but it all warrants mentioning...especially the food.

No comments: