The drive from the border to Monterrey is pleasant. Mostly it's flat, brown prairie, but occasionally there are hills and beautiful vistas. The best part of the drive back is when you first see the outline of the Sierra Madre Oriental emerge in the distance. When I saw those grey/black shadows appear this morning on the drive home, I had one of those "I'm one lucky gal" moments. Like, "I'm listening to great music on a road-trip (the purpose of which was shopping), and in a week I'm off on another adventure, and I've seen so much of the world that too few people have seen, and gosh ain't life grand??!!!"
I don't want to forget the 'gosh ain't life grand' moment, so here's the main music from the drive home:
The Run from the Border Playlist
except that obviously, I wasn't running, it's too far to run (anywhere is too far to run),
instead I was driving at acceptable speeds and with great care because I'm totally responsible, even when singing at the top of my lungs
except that obviously, I wasn't running, it's too far to run (anywhere is too far to run),
instead I was driving at acceptable speeds and with great care because I'm totally responsible, even when singing at the top of my lungs
Amy Winehouse
the Bangles
Blondie
the soundtrack to Once More with Feeling (BtVS)
Cyndi Lauper
The Mommas and the Papas
Joan Jett
Janis Joplin
Hmm...interesting the amount of alliteration that appears on that list! (and a surprising lack of male artists. While there were a few Mammas and Papas songs, and Anthony Stewart Head sang on the Buffy soundtrack, I don't think we listened to one solo male musical artist on the way home; guess they are more difficult to sing along to at the top of your lungs when you've just gone on a crazy girly shopping spree).
Next week: off to ADVENTURE! (and flamingos, and mole, and art!)
2 comments:
"We can face anything, except for bunnies"
There's nothing we can't face, except for bunnies...
close enough.
Post a Comment