This week, me and the roomie decided to combine fitness and lunch at Parque Fundidora, after hearing through a colleague that they have bike rentals at the park.
Now, I've been on quite a fitness kick of late as I want to be in shape for my return to the Cinque Terre and trek across Europe this summer. I teach dance at school four days a week, exercise in the school gym one night a week, and walk the Calzada (5km walking path) most weeks; so I was excited to strap on my roller-skates on for the first time in five years (they were too heavy to take in my luggage to Cairo), while my roommate hired a bike for the low-low price of $1.50 an hour. The park is mostly flat and well paved, so it was a great skating surface. I didn't fall down, and completed an entire circuit of the park at a good speed, but after 30 minutes of skating I knew that my body had had enough. Still, it was great fun and I can't wait to go again!![]() |
| A bridge in the bird sanctuary |
After a walk around the park to check out the bird sanctuary (not worth the 70 pesos admission fee) and the free galleries, we decided to try out the restaurant in the old industrial furnace complex in the park.
| Old Furnace - Now a museum and restaurant |
| View from the restaurant |
OH MY GOODNESS! I give you, LUNCH:
Grilled Artichokes
(made me miss Fada, still in Egypt, who taught me how to eat them!)
Baby Goat Fried Tacos
Sweet Corn Bread with Cajeta and Ice Cream
I think going to Fundidora for roller-skating is going to become a thing - so long as I am able to walk tomorrow, I guess I'll just have to wait and see on that one.


No comments:
Post a Comment