First, let me say, I did not make it to the baseball game. This is not surprising as I (A) do not do sports unless they involve glitter (did you see the group rhythmic gymnastics with ribbons and hoops? AMAZING!) and (B) spent 2+ hours walking around the centro of Monterrey in 100 degree heat - my first bite to eat all day was at 4:30 pm, after the walk - and was way too exhausted to go to a game.
However, I did explore the centro with a great group of new teachers and veterans. Below are a few of my top pics. I can't really narrate much except to say they were taken in the centro and the barrio Antigua. It was a great introduction to Monterrey and I can't wait to go back!
(The River Walk)
(Mexico had just won the Gold for Soccer)
(the ceiling of a chapel at a museum
- the whole room was a mural)
(the barrio Antigua)
(flavors poured on shaved ice in the park)



No comments:
Post a Comment