23 June 2012

Year 4 - The Final Countdown 2011-2012

This was the year of the job hunt, and subsequently it was the year of carefully budgeting my travel in case job hunting didn't go as well as I hoped (the end result of the job hunt seems spectacular and I can't wait to start my new life in Mexico!).

Because there was a self-imposed budget crunch, as well as fewer school holidays than usual, I didn't travel far. That's ok, though. Not traveling far, I still traveled well!

In the fall I went to Luxor for the second time with a group of friends and next it was off to London and Lincolnshire for Christmas. In February there was a surprise (an awesome surprise!) trip home to Baltimore to work out visa paperwork (where I got to see all of my favorite people in Baltimore at one table in my old neighborhood); and in Spring there were trips to Petra (so living the Indiana Jones lifestyle!), Istanbul, and Aswan.

Life in Cairo has been good, adventuring in and around (and further afield) from Cairo has been incredible. There are so many memories. I hope you have enjoyed this 'four years of travel in pictures.' I realize it's a bit like going to someone's house and hearing them say "Hon, get out the slide projector and show them how great our cruise to the Bahamas was!"which always inspires a sense of dread. But seriously, this retrospective is for me. My memory is terrible, and I want to be able to remember how amazing adventuring these four years has been. Because adventuring is amazing!


Luxor, Egypt



London, UK





Petra, Wadi Rum, Jordan


Istanbul, Turkey


Aswan, Egypt


Abu Simbel, Egypt


No comments: