Amazingly, I am awake, and it is morning, and shortly I am going to get a shower in floridated water (my teeth are very excited!) and eat leftover Shrimp Egg Foo Young for breakfast (which to me is the best thing about being in America - after visiting friends, of course).
I'm still a little jet laggy. Yesterday I flew 1/4 way round the world and spilled cranberry juice all over a very nice British lady who was practically apologizing to me for my mistake (like Eric Idle in European Vacation when Clark W. Griswold runs over him with the car), hugged my awesome brother who leant me my old car back for the week, and then got a tour of my best friend's new house from her energetic four year old (after I had already been awake for 20+ hours) and finally crashed at hour 21 - when my poor body just could not take it anymore. (Did I mention I still have a cold/chest infection that I started with earlier this week?)
I woke up at 4am confused as to: 1) where I was, 2) why the clock said 4am and I did not hear the call to prayer, and 3) what time it was in Cairo...which was 10 am, which meant second period English, which meant thinking about all the marking I left in Cairo that I could have done on the plane instead of not seeing the end of Jane Eyre because the plane couldn't show us videos while we were circling Heathrow for 30 minutes, which was also time wasted that I could have been sending that email to my friends about meeting up at Golden West (my favorite restaurant with antlers on the wall) which I had forgotten to send in the weeks leading up to the trip.
So I sent some emails at 4 o'clock this morning that may or may not have made more sense than this blog post and went back to sleep.
Ah, the joys of international travel.
Anyway, Baltimore - Hi! I missed you! How you been? Why do you have to lay the 32 degree smack-down on me today when it's been in the 60's for the last few days? Why you gotta be like that, Baltimore? Is this punishment for having left you?
Ok, that's enough blogging. Time to go roll in some glitter and get the day started Charm City style.
No comments:
Post a Comment