Hello all. Surely you've heard the news that there was a bombing today in the Khan-el-Khalili and that's why you are reading. I am fine and was no where near the blast site - which is about 30 minutes away downtown.
Remember, this is a global community and I'm as safe here, if not safer, on a daily basis, than in Baltimore City. People do not carry guns here and muggings are unheard of - unlike the area of Baltimore where I taught every day for the last two years.
Things are in fact fine here and I have very little information about the bombing except that it is the area where I took photos last weekend.
You can always text me, email me, or chat online if you want to get hold of me! Thank goodness for the immediacy of information sharing!
2 comments:
Glad to hear you are ok. I understand what you are saying, but how do you explain it to Mom Mom once she sees the news?
i just emailed her and said I was fine. same email you and dad got.
Post a Comment