Today was the first day of classes with students. Last night I discovered that I had my homeroom for two hours before first break and another hour before lunch. This is a lot of time to spend with 23 kids on their first day of school and I was terribly nervous.
Of course, within an hour I was completely in love with the kids. They are funny and smart and eager and, as they are teenagers it goes without saying, chatty! My homeroom and I had a great day and I look forward to seeing them again tomorrow! I also spent 25 minutes with one of my 8th grade classes and an hour with my 10th. I only saw a few personalities emerge there, but the most unexpected moment came with my tenth graders:
"Miss, where are you from in Baltimore?"
"Well, Baltimore is a city, so that's where I'm from, it isn't that big."
"Yes, I know, I spend every Summer in Baltimore. Where are you from there?"
"Hampden"
*girl makes squinchy face*
It was very funny.
Then, I came home ready to cook dinner and email. My email was out ... as was all the water in the apartment. Ah, well, at least I had a great first day at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment