03 July 2008

Just 50 Days!

In fifty days I will drive down to Dulles Airport with my mother (it will be my mom-mom's birthday but hopefully we can celebrate the night before.)

After leaving from Dulles I will have a very long flight during which to ponder the ways of the universe, watch multiple in-flight movies, eat lots of peanuts, and write letters home to mail as soon as I get to Cairo.

In fifty-one days I will touch-down in Zurich, Switzerland, change planes in a hurried-rush/crush of people, try to refresh myself with a little make-up and hair-brush in the airport bathroom, and take-off again for a three hour flight to Cairo.

In fifty-one days I will get to Cairo, navigate the complicated paperwork and customs procedures at the airport and be whisked away to a hotel near Cairo where I will meet many of the new teachers and be in desperate need of a shower and a nap.

Just fifty-days until I say goodbye to Baltimore, and let me tell you, the closer the day gets, the faster time flies!

No comments: